Friday, October 12, 2012

Kenya's coastal paradise....

Of the three big coastal options in Kenya: Mombasa, Malindi, and Lamu, I couldn't be happier that we ended up in Shela, right next door to Lamu. 


This part of the Kenyan coast was a crowned jewel discovered by accident for me.   I had planned on extending my time in Kenya with one week of vacation, but left for Kenya with no definite plans for the week. 

I was asked to join the group of girls headed to the beach, and being a beach lover there was really no decision to make;)   Shela forever changed my view of what the beach should be.... US beaches will never look the same again.

Lamu/Shela is like walking back in time..... to place of such rich history and diversity ....this sign embodies the culture of the town beautifully...





This hidden gem along the Kenyan coast could have been the thing to make me lose my passport for awhile...narrow streets, fascinating architecture, wildly adorable beach boys, and fresh seafood were all part of this seaport's charm that quickly cast its spell on me....






No comments:

Post a Comment